On this final day of 2014, it's time once again for me to yell, "You kids get off my lawn!" and publish the list of words, phrases, ideas and people that I'm done with. And it turns out I'm not the only one publishing these kinds of lists. Here's one example I heard about this morning.
But since this blog is All About Me, let's get to my favorites to hate on:
- The use of "hashtag", in word or symbolic form, anywhere outside of Twitter
- And then the most amazing thing happened/you won't believe what happened next/this made me…
- Share if you agree
- Internet trolls
- Event meaning sales event
- Violence against women
- Energy as a euphemism for oil
- Institutional racism
- Combining mental illness with easy access to guns
- "Who's got it better than us?" (Turns out, lots of other football teams)
- Enhanced interrogation techniques
- Any Kardashian (a perennial entry)
Seems like a short list. Maybe it's because fewer and fewer things bother me these days.
Happy New Year to one and all!