Is is that time again? Seems like time is speeding up. That (and Eisntein's Theory of Relativity) would explain my weight gain.
So as I contemplate another anniversary, I thought I would share some of the things I love about you.
- You always know what I need, even when I don't.
- Your smile.
- Your sassy attitude.
- Your no-nonsense business approach.
- You cried when you saw the whales off the Big Sur coast.
- You took up scuba diving so we could do something together, even though you were scared out of your wits.
- Your laugh.
- You convinced me that getting out of bed at 4:30 AM to work out was a good thing.
- You took up yoga and meditation.
- You love to cook. And eat. And drink wine.
- You continued to dive, even after getting tossed around in the waves at Monastery Beach.
- You like to ride bikes.
- You know just what our boys need.
- You read "potato chip" novels to unwind.
- You've changed directions in your career more than once--and by your own choice.
- You never wavered about Sean's recovery: "he's going to be fine" has been as much a command as a prediction.
- You got your degree from San Jose State while you were pregnant with Sean.
- You flew to Boston, got an apartment and got a job in three weeks, with no resources.
- You managed to get a speeding ticket in our clunky Dodge Duster.
- Glenn Frey seemed to be hitting on you during an Eagles concert at the Cow Palace.
- You've talked your boys--and me--"off the ledge" many times.
- You've been a role model and inspiration to your nieces and nephews.
- You introduced me to The Poker Girls, and their husbands.
- You got me to buy a house before I was ready.
- You herded the horses back into the barn when you had to.
- You always demonstrate the importance of family.
- You're consistent about making me sleep on the left side of the bed.
- As soon as your uncle said, "don't make a sharp turn in the dune buggy" you went and did it. And popped the front tire.
- You've always picked me up when I felt like crap.
- You never let me feel like crap for very long.
- You never apologize for who you are.
- You take care of your needs.
- You said "I do". And continue to say it.
Happy Anniversary honey.